Here's today's after work ride:
1. Entered at Doumont Trail
2. "Intersection A" Left toward Boomerang Lake
3. Continued straight past Boomerang on familiar "Behind Mt. Benson" road, but turned right shortly afterwards to begin the climb up Blackjack Ridge's upper road.
4. Made the same stop as last time, turning right onto a short spur road that offers amazing views at 711m. The Blackjack Ridge road begins a steep climb where this spur begins. I rode up it for about twenty feet and decided I had better leave this one for another day. (Maybe when/if I lower my bike????)
5. Turned right, on the way back, up this fantastic narrow windy trail that leads to the Benson Trail. Followed the Benson Trail back to Boomerang Lk. (Had a quick peep to see if Paul was fishing up the lake... Not).
6. Lake intersection
7. Dropped in at Kidney Lake and fished for an hour or so. Nice trout.
|209° Panoramic - This is the end of the road at location #4. Mt Hooker (left) and Mt Decosmos in the Background. First Lake is clearly visible in this photo in the foreground of Mt. Hooker. (If you click on the photo).|
|In the distance lies Mt. Whymper. (Looking left of Mt. Hooker). Crappy name for the biggest mountain out that way!|
|First Lake - Mt Hooker (right) - Mt. Whymper (distant left)|
|The power lines. Good route to Rhododendron Lake|
|Tomorrow's lunch from Kidney Lake. Actually there were two, but the second one is embarrassingly small and received mundo face damage from being very greedy with my hook.|
That's it. Beautiful sunny ride.